Wednesday 14 October 2009

So it is time to resort back to one of my favourite past-times - top 5 lists. I bloody love top 5 lists. There was an epic afternoon spent in the summer when a barage of e-mails was exchanged and pretty much everything top 5 was covered. My favourite was "Non-domesticated animals that would make potentially amazing pets" because I combined two of my greatest loves in life - a top 5 list, and yaks. With a yak obviously storming in at number 1 above llamas, aadvarks, duck-billed platypii and a warthog.


Another top 5 list which especially springs to mind was the result of one particularly cold, grey monday morning. I was struggling more than usual to get up when I received a text. I'm not sure how everyone else reacts to receiving a text in the morning but my reaction whenever anyone texts me before 11am is always "WHO is texting me....? WHY is someone texting me? And then it always descends into the same vicious circle of "I bet it's bloody vodafone. I'm deliberately not going to read it until later because I know it's going to be vodafone telling me about my voicemail personal greeting. YEAH?! WELL VODAFONE CAN BUGGER OFF. I FUCKING HATE VODAFONE." Having worked myself up into a seething mass of rage by this point I'm usually awake enough to bother getting up and reading said, troublesome text.

Happily, on this occasion it was not actually vodafone but a friend asking me, and I quote "Top 5 songs to get out of bed to in the morning?!"
Made my day. Right then.

For the record, my top 5 songs to get up to in the morning currently (they change regularly) are:

1) Fly away - Lenny Kravitz
2) There There - Radiohead
3) One clear way - David Kitt
4) What I really want - Alannis Morrisette
5) Black Swan - Thom Yorke

Over and out.

1 comment:

  1. No song by radiohead would make you want to get out of bed, or do anything other than wallow in self pity and loathing, and general, all round despair. Much the same effect as Vodafone.

    ReplyDelete