Monday 11 May 2015

Yak yak yak

It really has been a long time since I've blogged, I hadn't actually properly registered quite how long... I think perhaps because I am still regularly updating my Myrtle Diaries Tumblr, because I'm clearly only capable of showing commitment to a dog who views me solely as a means to a walk. I'll no doubt dwell on these feelings of inferiority about Myrtle in years of therapy to come so I won't dwell any more for now.

Given how much I am capable of talking it is even more surprising that some of it hasn't spilled over into a post in so long. I'm back working at a Market Research company I was working at before I jumped ship to Canada and they have taken on a new graduate who wasn't here when I last was. Because of the nature of the company and of the work, quite often it is just me and Wes in the office, which is really just a room. He puts up with a lot. Sometimes I just can't contain my speech, it bubbles out of me before I've had a chance to reflect on what I'm actually saying or what I may have just asked. Examples include:


  • I'm going for a wee! I haven't been for a wee all day! Madness!
  • What time do you tend to go to bed?
  • Do you like zombies?
  • What did you have for breakfast?
  • Do you like KFC?
  • What are your thoughts on a McDonald's breakfast?
  • What are your thoughts on the election?
  • Do you like sharks?
  • What are your thoughts on ebola?
  • Have you seen Misfits? (I have since quoted Misfits to him extensively on numerous occasions)
  • What's in your sandwiches?
  • What's your favourite type of monster munch?
  • Approx a thousand million more. 
I just clarify that these are on top of the "standard" questions I tend to drill anyone I meet with such as what music/film/tv shows do you like and the thousand "have you seen?". 

He is, fortunately, an incredibly nice and tolerant man who as yet has not shown signs of involuntarily twitching every time I open my mouth. 

So given my (evident) capacity to talk endless about any number of pointless and inane subjects I shall attempt to put more outpourings into my blog. My life is currently in an immensely frustrating period of limbo whilst I wait for the outcome of my visa application to Canada. Once I finally have an answer I will be able to decide whether I move to Toronto or New Zealand in September. Pretty different parts of the world and although I obviously won't be doing any planning for either it would be nice to at least be able to know which hemisphere to shoot for.

Stay tuned for MORE QUESTIONS?????!!!?!?!?

1 comment: